By: Nicole Bielas, Registered Chiropodist
Do you have heel or foot pain that just seems to get worse throughout the day at home? Do you have a hard time finding a comfortable shoe to wear around that house?
Adding a supportive slipper to your footwear collection can make all the difference.
Benefits of wearing a supportive slipper at home
Do you immediately take your shoes off when you get home from work? Or do you work from home and love being barefoot? While it might be tempting, walking barefoot around the house can put strains on your feet and can complicate things if you suffer from foot pain. Adding a good, supportive slipper to your daily routine at home ensures you’re getting the support you need to stay pain-free and comfortable.
Other benefits include:
- Providing arch support at home
- Allowing your feet to work less
- Give your feet the comfort they deserve
- Help to support your back, hips, knees and ankles
- Help to reduce generalized foot pain
What to look for in a good supportive slipper
- A good insole which gives proper arch and heel support
- Shock absorbing midsole to help reduce stress on the feet
- A sturdy sole which cannot be bent in half
- A nice supportive heel counter to hug and support your ankles
- A removable insole is a bonus but not essential. It is a nice feature to look out for so that you are able to wash the insole
- A strong, supportive but fashionable slipper can go a long way to help keep your feet comfortable and pain-free at home
Nicole Bielas – Registered Chiropodist
Maves have got you covered with all of the above and more. Shop our Maven Collection to get supportive slippers that are also chic!